About

"The evolving Francophile..."

My husband Jack has always wanted to live in Paris and learn French. I thought it would be good for him to achieve his life time dream. Hence, we moved to Paris in 2008. My first year was difficult. I started "missives" to relieve some stress and chronicle my life so friends back in the US could read what I am experiencing. I currently write about my food in Paris, which is my passion., travel experiences, and "experiences living in Paris."

It is definitely a challenge to live here, but each year it gets easier, and quite enjoyable, in large part because I value friendships over locale. I have a love/hate relationship with Paris as do most Parisians, mais La vie est belle (but life is good)!

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Video Presentation -- Restaurant Dix-Huit


Aaron Isip from Manila, Philippines has recently taken the Parisien culinary world by storm with his innovative French cuisine with a Filipino twist. We had a great opportunity to visit and taste his fabulous cuisine. Please join us.



Interview with Chef Aaron Isip from Archie Ibardolasa on Vimeo.


2 comments :

  1. This was delightful. I love this video concept for the reviews and actually getting to meet the chef. The pigeon dish reminded me of my Jewish grandmother who, when I always asked what we were going to have for lunch or dinner would always say, "Squabs heart on toast!" I am supposing that when she was a growing up in the 1910s and 1920s, that dish was considered the ultimate of sophistication. Since I don't eat red meat, I eat a lot of poultry but this is one that I have never tried. Just another meal to look forward to when I come to Paris. Cheers, Stephan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over the so many visits we made to Paris, considered as my second city, we have managed to limit ourselves with French cuisine, of course. There's nothing else like enjoying it right in the heart of the city. Over the years, we visit and revisit our old time favorites and most of the time, try new ones as well. This time, I think we are ready to try yet another new one, one that has the same French culinary techniques but with a Filipino twist. It would be a great chance to see what our "kababayan" is cooking up to (no pun intended). The squab dish hopefully will still be in the menu! Sante!

    ReplyDelete